Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Heart Smocking!


This is the first bishop dress I ever made.  In fact, it's the one I started in my bishop class many moons ago.  This smocking plate is a Creative Keepsakes pattern "Heart o' my Heart."  I am so surprised the ribbon has held up so well.  This dress is nearly 20 years old.  The bishop pattern is Ellen McCarn's "The Ultimate Bishop."  I also have her yoke pattern and both are quite easy to construct.  And using the techniques I learned in my bishop class, I get the perfect neckline every time. The one item I cannot live without is a smock and block guide like this.  This is not the one I use, but it's pretty close.  Once you have your dress pleated, you'll use this guide to lay out your neck line. If anyone would like a tutorial on this, let me know.  I'll post one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment