Sunday, January 1, 2012

Function or Decoration??


I found this little gem at the Restore in Bluffton when Britt and I went shopping for cabinets for my sewing room.  Britt happened to mention to one of the guys working there that we were using cabinets for a sewing room.  He told me he had a vintage sewing machine, so naturally I wanted to see it.  He brought this over, and I knew I had to have it.  Britt and I agreed that even if it didn't work, it would be a nice decoration for my sewing room.  So I bought it.  When my father-in-law came in for Christmas, I asked him to take a look at it.  It would make a whirring sound when I hit the foot peddle but not much else.  He is handy in all things, so I thought if anyone could get it working, he could.  He made a couple of quick adjustments and actually got this beauty running.  It still needs some oil and a good cleaning.  Then I'd like to find a cabinet for it.  I think I'd like to try it to see how it sews.  It won't replace my Viking, but it would certainly be a nice complement.  I can't wait to use it.  Isn't she beautiful??

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment