Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love, love, love these!!

Okay, so I am an organizational freak!  Yes, I happily admit it.  My spices are in alphabetical order in the cabinet and all the canned goods in my pantry look like the grocery store with all of them right on the edge and facing forward.  It drives others in my household nuts (except of course my OCD husband).  Can you imagine living with two OCD's???  Poor kids, right?? 

The kids have their own linen closet upstairs, and it is always a mess.  How hard is it to put things back exactly as you found them??  Seriously.  Now this doesn't apply to my daughter, because unfortunately, she inherited my freakish habit.  But the boys......is it just boys???  Anyway, I can't tell you how many times I go up there and straighten up that closet.  It drives me nuts.  So when I saw these little tidies, I had to make some.

I also hate having to unfold sheets in my linen closet to see what size they are!  Anyone else hate that??  Is it just my OCD??  Then you have to refold them and continue until you find the right size.  Now I know what you are thinking.....why not have separate shelves for them?  Glad you asked.  I DO.  But they never seem to wind up on their proper shelf.  Imagine that!  If they are trying to kill me, that's a good way.  It's slow and painful yet effective.

So I've killed two birds with one stone - so to speak.  Check these out:


Now, they are neatly organized on the shelf  (except that far king size - I'll have to fix that when I get home), and I know exactly what sheets are in what tidy.  This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!  At least for all of us obsessive compulsives.  You want to make some too, don't ya??  I know, right?

Here's another look:


And another:



And up close:


You have no idea, unless you are OCD, how happy I am.  Now if I could find a way to keep the blankets and towels neat too.........  I guess that won't happen until the boys move out.  Austin will be going this summer.  Am I wrong to be ecstatic?   I wish he could graduate early and move tomorrow.  I'd help - a lot. Really!

I'm going to have to go into his room in full hazmat gear when he leaves to clean it. Anything not bolted down gets thrown out or better yet - burned.  You think I'm kidding.  I have to keep his door closed because the stench waffles down the balcony to the first floor and into my great room.  And all the air freshener in the world won't touch that odor. 

You can find the tutorial here for these tidies.  Happy sewing.  Let me know if you make these and if it's because you are OCD like me. lol

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment