Friday, February 17, 2012

Dawg Quilt

Robbie's quilt top in finished!!  I just have to get it put together and quilt it.  Although, I haven't quite decided how I'm going to quilt around that ginormous "G".  Robbie designed this quilt himself. He did a good job too didn't he?

That's little man.  The "G" is just one big applique.  Robbie chose to leave the edges unfinished so they'd have that raveled look.  I think it'll be cute.  It looks really good on his black bed.  I have an idea using pennants for his bed skirt.  I hope it works out the way I envision.  If so, I'll do something similar for his window treatments.  I'll be working on painting one wall in his room too.  I have a bookshelf to build and paint, and I'll redo his chest.  Then all I'll have to do is pick up some night stands, and his room should be complete.  I'll have progress pictures soon.  He wanted to sleep with it that night, but I told him he'd have to wait a little while longer.

Just a short funny story.  That is Brittany, Robbie and Gabby.  Britt was holding Robbie, and Gabby was having no part of being left out.  She kept scratching Britt's legs to pick her up too.  And of course Brittany did.

And this is a sneak peak of the other quilt I'm working on.



The swirly fabric will be my sashing.  I think I underestimated the quantity though.  I may have to get more.  I really like these bright colors.  I think my binding is going to be that lime green color in the swirly fabric.  Or maybe that bright blue.  I'll decide when I get it all put together.

Angela

2 comments:

  1. Angela - I love the red and black quilt top - Robbie did a great design! The orange and blue/green quilt is going to be lovely - bright and cheerful. That is a funny story about Gabby, dogs don't want to be left out of anything!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. He's going out of town with dad in a couple of weeks, and I hope to surprise him by having his room painted and quilt finished and on the bed when he gets home. Gabby is funny. She thinks she's a person and gets indignant when treated like a dog. I bet yours are the same way!

      Delete