Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slippers

TipNut is one of my favorite places to get patterns and tutorials.  I found this cute slipper pattern there just this past week and thought they would be perfect for Robbie's teacher for her "end of the year" gift.  I think they turned out really cute.  My dd burst out into laughter when she saw these.  She thought they looked like elf slippers. Not exactly the response I was going for.  Robbie's teacher loved them though, and that's what matters.  I think I will make these again, because they were super easy and quick to put together.  Guess who won't be getting a pair??

Here is a kind of side view.  It's kind of hard taking pictures of your own feet at different angles.


I'll add this to my list of teacher gifts.  I may even make a pair for myself.  I could even see these made with quilted material.  Although, I'm not certain how comfy that would be to stand on.......

Have a great Thursday.
Angela

4 comments:

  1. Those slippers are so pretty - love your nail polish too - are the slippers comfortable? They look perfect for summer.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kim they are. They are light weight, so my feet don't get hot. I also hate walking around my house barefoot no matter how clean my floors are (OCD?). So these are perfect for that.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way! In cooler weather, you could even make a pair with a warmer lining fabric like fleece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about that. Especially since my feet always get cold in the winter! lol

      Delete