Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Easy Knit Scarf!

I made this for my niece for Christmas.  Her favorite color is green.  I found the tutorial for this scarf here.  I actually found it on Pinterest.  You GOTTA love Pinterest!  Be sure to check out her other tutes while you are there.  Really cute website.

I won't go into all the details, since they are outlined very nicely in her tutorial.  The only changes I made were to shorten the scarf (60" vs. 80"), since my niece is only 13, and to make the small cut pieces closer together. 

This project took less than an hour to complete.  It would be a super first project for a newbie.  It was a challenge to get the knit to "not" curl long enough to get it cut and stitched.  But a friend gave me some advice for my next knit project.  Spray starch it really well before cutting and stitching.  It reduces the curling.

I couldn't get Robbie to model this one for me, so the lamp had to be my model this time.  This pic is just slightly closer.  The lighting that day was awful!

 Happy Tuesday!
Angela
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment