Monday, December 16, 2013

Simplicity 1605

We get an angel from the angel tree at our local YMCA every year.  This year a 7 year old boy needed PJs, so my husband asked me to make him some.  And of course, who would say no to that???!!  So I used Simplicity 1605 for the pants and bought shirts.  I used part of the fabric to make an applique on the shirt.

This first set is totally cotton and all boy with all the little trucks.  I almost got the pattern to match perfectly everywhere except the back seam.  I know how to do it now and will post a tute soon, so you'll know too if you don't already.




This pair is flannel.  

And a close up of the applique.  Sorry it's a bit blurry.

It is so easy to coordinate a top with the pants if the fabric has the right pattern.

I also made these for Robbie, and this is the best picture I could get.  I knew I wouldn't get them off of him ever again, since he literally stood over my shoulder in his underwear while I finished hemming them.  I needed to alter them a bit, because they really are too big.  But that wasn't happening once they were on.


This pattern runs slightly larger.  Robbie is a size 7 in pants, so I made the medium.  I should have gone with the small but added a bit of length.  It is a super easy pattern for pants.  I am not liking the shirt as much, but that's because of some of the instructions.  More on that in another post.

Thanks for stopping by.  Feel free to ask questions.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment