Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simplicitiy 1605

I love this pattern!  Two of Robbie's friends  who also happen to be our neighbors had birthdays this month.  After some suggestions on what to get them, it was decided they need jammy pants.  I made 2 pair for each, one pair cotton and one flannel.  I made them a little longer for growing room.

It took me roughly 3 hours to get all 4 pair complete.  That's how easy this pattern is.  I didn't put it together per the instructions though.  I did these sort of assembly line style.  I stitched the front to front, back to back.  Serged those seams  Then I stitched the inner seam and side seams all at once and serged those.  Then hem and make the casing for the elastic.

I did have to alter the length on 2 pair (shortening), and the inside seams at the legs didn't line up well.  I will use Nancy Zieman's method on shortening the next go around.  It works much better I think.

On a side note, I am actually getting much better matching my plaids.  The top pair I flipped to the back, so you could see that is the only seam that I couldn't match up.  I'm not sure it's entirely possible to match up every seam, but I'm going to keep at it.

Here is the front seam.


And the side. I have it folded over just a bit.  You can just see it on the right.


And how about the hem??!!  I almost matched it too.  LOL  I just folded it up a bit to show you.

Other than that back seam, I think they came out pretty well matched.

Happy Monday!
Angela


0 comments:

Post a Comment