Friday, August 8, 2014

Newlook 6880

This was one of the easiest patterns I've made to date.  Only 2 pieces (3 if you count my additional cord) and elastic.  That's it!  How much easier does it get?

I made 3 pairs of these (only 2 shown) for my great-nephews for Christmas.  Since I rarely have waist sizes, I chose to add a little cord made in the same fabric along with the elastic.  That way they will stay up long enough to get them tied tighter if they need it.
Pattern Description:  Newlook 6880, View F

Pattern Sizing: Children's 1/2 -4

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, the best.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved the simplicity.  Would liked to have had more size options though.


Fabric Used: 100% cotton blend

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I used pieces of another pattern to get one size 10, since this pattern didn't go up that far.  I also added an inner cord tie along with the elastic.  I added button holes for the cord, but grommets would work too.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I absolutely would sew it again. And I definitely recommend it to others.


Conclusion: This will definitely be a keeper for me.  It took a bit longer than it should due to pattern matching.  But even then, I managed to get 3 pair made in about 2 hours.  Sewing time was30-45 minutes for all 3.


1 comment:

  1. I like these shorts, you did a super job. Not sure I would have tried to match the plaids, I am a little on the lazy side. Have you tried draw cord elastic, it is perfect for when you do not know the waist size.
    nonie

    ReplyDelete