Tuesday, December 30, 2014

DIY Luggage Tags - Easiest EVER!!

I scoured the internet in search of luggage tags I could make for my DD for Christmas.  There are plenty out there, but they all seemed to be so complicated to make.  How hard can it be really??  Then I came across this tute and loved, loved, loved them!  Super easy and very quick to make.

I had an interior decorator give me about 30 old books of discontinued fabric years ago, and they were perfect for this project.  I had them monogrammed since I have yet to find an EM that I like.  But I digress.....

The front has a pocket just big enough for a business card to slide right in or a printed address card.


She used a specialty stitch on her binding across the plastic, but I chose just to use the coordinating fabric.  I was able to get 9 of these out of these 4 small fabric pieces and still have another 4 I have yet to stitch up.  I had the plastic in my stash.  I just needed the ribbon.  So these were about $10 total for the monogram and ribbon. Not bad at all!

They make perfect gifts!  I gave some to Robbie's teacher this year for Christmas too.

Now my DD can use her black luggage when she travels and still be able to see it clearly on the luggage conveyor at the airport.  She loved them!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and pray for health, joy and happiness in the New Year.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment