Friday, December 26, 2014

McCalls 4060 - ladies' boxers



I have been wanting to make boxers for my dd, Britt.  I probably should wait to post this, because she'll probably see this before Christmas. Oops!  Anyway, I tried the first choice boxers, but they don't fit girls as well as boys.  I found this pattern on e-bay from one of my favorite sellers and bought it.



I thought about doing a lace insertion on the front but didn't have the right type of lace and needed to get these finished.  I opted for a monogram instead.  I sent this out since I don't have an EM. :(




I wanted a back pocket but wanted it girly.  I had some 4" lace on hand, so I decided to make a pocket with it.  It was super thin, so I lined it first with satin batiste but lined it just under the eyelet.  I used a rolled hem on the sides, then used a straight stitch to sew it to the boxers.

Love this pattern and will definitely use it again.

Pattern Review:


Pattern Description:   McCalls 4060 Misses classic pants and shorts.  I made view D. 

Pattern Sizing: XS - Med - I cut a small.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very clear instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It was super easy and great for beginners.  These sit higher on the waist.  The fold over is about 2" for the elastic.  I folded it twice for a total of 4".  My dd likes them to sit lower.


Fabric Used: 100% cotton - Moda dot

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I folded over the top twice but will just cut off 2" next time.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I absolutely would sew it again. And I definitely recommend it to others. 


Conclusion: This pattern was super easy and quick.  From start to finish, they were finished in about 90 minutes.  That includes preparing the pattern, tracing it onto tracing paper and cutting out, and sew time.


Feel free to email any questions.

Thanks for stopping by.
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment