Monday, December 29, 2014

Simplicity 1605

I've made this pattern before a number of times, but I don't think I ever reviewed it.  At least I can't find it. LOL

But this pattern isn't just for boys!  I made these for a 10 year old girl from our Angel Tree at the local YMCA.  I found this really cute flannel fabric from Joann's and even found the coordinating chevron flannel for the ruffles.  One leg looks longer than the other in the photo, but I measured it later, and it's perfect.  It must be the way it's hanging on the hanger.


I also made a pair for a boy for the angel tree.


And of course, I had to make a pair for Robbie.


I am super happy with my plaid matching on this pair.  A closer look at the side seam.

I always seem to struggle with plaid matching but practice really does help.

And now for the pattern review:

Pattern Description:  Simplicity 1605. I made view C.

Pattern Sizing: Boys S/M/L and Men's S-XL.  I made boys size M in all 3

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very clear instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the ease.  And the time was less than an hour!


Fabric Used: 100% cotton on the baseball and flannel on the other 2.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I absolutely would sew it again. And I definitely recommend it to others.


Conclusion: This is my go to pattern for jammy pants.  Very easy for a beginner.


Thanks for stopping by my little world.  Feel free to ask any questions.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment