Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pillow Case Dresses

Pillow case dresses aren't new to me.  They are super quick and easy to make.  In fact, they are perfect for a beginner sewer.  I made these two for my great-nieces in Illinois.  I had originally planned for a worm on the apple dress, but I could never get it to look the way I wanted.

The flower dress was really quite easy.  And it's 3D. LOL.  I thought leaving the ric rac raw on the ends would give the stems a little more life.

I had this cute little lady bug button and thought it was the perfect touch.


The matching boys outfits were shown here.

And my sister sent me modeled pictures.  It's hard to see the appliques, but they are all cute nonetheless.

The fabric from the dress was incorporated into the sailboat applique.  Although, I should have thought that through a little more considering the boxers are sleepwear.  Oh well, next year......

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Tuesday!
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment