Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Patchwork Teddy Bear for Threads of Love





My new machine came in last weekend, and this is the first project sewn with her. 

I have never made a teddy bear before. I have quite a few little areas that need improvement. We had two boxes of donated wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses and the fabric has been too heavy to make TOL gowns. I thought this bear would be perfect to use those fabrics. It took me almost 5 hours to complete, so I won't be doing many of these. And because they require so much polyfil, it gets quite expensive too.

The pattern is a free McCalls pattern and it calls for gluing the eyes and nose on. I didn't like that, so I machine stitched the buttons and hand stitched the nose. It also has you hand stitch the arms in place. They are so close to the neckline, I think next time I will machine stitch them to the body before hand stitching on the head.

He's pretty large and will go to the pediatric ward at the hospital.

I think for my first bear, he turned out pretty good.  As long as he makes a little child at the hospital happy, that's all that matters.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment