Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Slipcover - The hardest chair ever!!

This was by far the hardest piece for which I have made a slipcover.


This chair had so many curves.  I used the pin fit method for the whole thing.  This is a white linen which only added to the difficulty level.

When I got to the skirt, I had to decide whether to make a tuxedo skirt or a continuous one.  Because this chair dipped in the back, I chose the continuous skirt.  I thought it would be less noticeable than the tuxedo.  Plus the tuxedo skirt would have been a bear to try to match.  I really think a gathered or pleated skirt would have been better, but this was for a friend, and she doesn't do that kind of girly.  So straight it stayed.

Thank you for stopping by.

Feel free to leave questions or comments below.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment