Thursday, October 6, 2016

Children's Corner Casey Coat

I love this pattern.  It was super easy with only 4 pattern pieces, front, back, sleeve and hood.  The instructions were also very easy to follow.

I chose this pink toile pique for the focus fabric and a pink cotton gingham for the lining.

I also decided to trim the hood and the sleeves with ric rac.




I chose to use a larger size covered button than the pattern called for so I could monogram the letters to spell out her name.

Here is a close up of the L.

I love how this turned out.  Just a side note.  This pattern runs really large.  I made the size one which is equal to an 18 mos, and it swallowed Lila who wears an 18 mos.  This is more like a size 2.  But it will be very room for layers and she'll get longer wear.

Thanks for stopping by.  Feel free to leave questions or comments below.

Angela



2 comments: